News API is a simple HTTP REST API for searching and retrieving live articles from all over the web. It can help you answer questions like:
- What top stories is TechCrunch running right now?
- What new articles were published about the next iPhone today?
- Has my company or product been mentioned or reviewed by any blogs recently?
You can search for articles with any combination of the following criteria:
- Keyword or phrase. Eg: find all articles containing the word 'Microsoft'.
- Date published. Eg: find all articles published yesterday.
- Source domain name. Eg: find all articles published on thenextweb.com.
- Language. Eg: find all articles written in English.
You can sort the results in the following orders:
- Date published
- Relevancy to search keyword
- Popularity of source
You need an API key to use the API - this is a unique key that identifies your requests. They're free while you're in development.
help_outline If you are logged in you will see your live API key in all the examples.